Firmware version 3.50 for the PIX220/220i and PIX240/240i Production Video recorders is now available for download.
Units shipping on March 5, 2014 or later includes this new firmware.
Administrator 07 Mar 2014 Hits:2126 Latest News
Firmware version 2.02 for 664 and 1.02 for 663 are now available for download.
Units shipping on February 28, 2014 or later will include this new firmware.
Please access the link below for th...
Administrator 02 Mar 2014 Hits:2202 Latest News
Please note that there are new firmware for the PMW-100, PMW-150 & PMW-200. The main improvement is that it is available for i-Link DVCAM Input Recording. If you find difficulties in the u...
Administrator 25 Apr 2013 Hits:3442 Latest News
Lightweight and portable hard disk drive (HDD) recording unit ideally suited for use with the new HVR-V1U HDV camcorder. The HVR-DR60 is also easily connected to a compatible camcorder via its i.LINK® interface, and offers videographers the ability to record onto both tape and the hard disk drive simultaneously - an ideal hybrid recording solution for your customers providing approximately 4.5 hours of continuous HDV, DVCAM, or DV stream recording. Utilizing a 14 second cache recording function, the HVR-DR60 can help prevent the loss of important scenes or events that occur 14 seconds before the camera's REC start button is pressed - a true life saver in stake-out and surveillance applications. Additionally, long operating hours are offered using the same camcorder batteries Sony HDV operators already have at hand. The HVR-DR60 uses the same infoLITHIUM L Series batteries as the HVR-V1U, HVR-Z1U, as well as the standard definition DSR-PD170 DVCAM camcorders. With the smallest capacity NP-F570 battery, the HVR-DR60 can run continuously up to 5.5 hours (330 min), and with the largest capacity NP-F970, this increases up to 18 hours (1080 min). Weighing a mere 8 ounces (without battery), the HVR-DR60 adds little weight for the cameraman to bear, while adding considerable functionality to his complement of high quality, Sony HDV acquisition tools.
- 60 GB Storage Capacity
- Approx. 4.5 Hour Recording Time
- Cache recording: 14 seconds
- Records video to disk at same time camcorder records to tape for Hybrid Recording™ automatic master creation.
- Can be used for Tapeless Recording with the Sony HVR-V1U camcorder
- Transfers video at ~3x real time (Approx. 80Mbps)
- HDD Smart Protection
- Records .m2t (HDV), .avi (Type 1) and Raw DV (DV) file formats
- Video mode (AV/C) for recording video from HDV and DVCAM/DV camcorders
- Computer mode (SBP2) for fast transfer of files when connected to a PC
- Unique features available when used with the HVR-V1U camcorder: Tapeless recording & easy status check on camcorder's LCD screen
- Up to 13.5 hour run time when used with NP-F970 battery
- Three recording modes: Synchro, Follow, and Self
- 1 GB (approx.) User Free Space which can be used as an all purpose file storage area for storing user files such as camera profiles, text files, spreadsheets, location info, etc.
The HVR-DR60 is designed for the on-the-go professional. Incorporating "HDD Smart Protection", which is composed of 3G sensors, shock absorbers, and buffer memory, data on the hard disk drive is protected when the unit is inadvertently dropped from heights up to 100cm. 3G sensors detect if the unit is being dropped and automatically retracts the HDD head and switches the unit off. Shock absorbers are also used to physically protect the hardware from damage due to knocks and dropping, and the buffer memory of up to 14 seconds provides smooth continuous recording in the event of dropping or power interruption.
The HVR-DR60 is designed to be totally integrated with the new HVR-V1U camcorder. When used together the HVR-V1U, has a special status check option, which delivers current status, remaining battery life, remaining hard disk recording capacity, and other status indicators, for the HVR-DR60 directly viewable on the camcorder's viewfinder and LCD panel. When used with the HVR-V1U, the HVR-DR60 can also support tapeless recording.
Easily connected to a compatible camcorder via its i.LINK® interface, the HVR-DR60 offers videographers the ability to record onto both tape and the hard disk drive simultaneously - an ideal hybrid recording solution for your customers providing approximately 4.5 hours of continuous HDV/DVCAM/DV stream recording.